Friday, November 20, 2015

[SOLVED] The Module DLL C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin\kerbauth.dll failed to load. The data is the error.

I recently came across this issue, when setting up a CRM Environment. I was not able to bring up the CRM website at all. After a long Google session, all I could find was a solution about editing the ApplicationHost file. (more can be read here.) This may work in your case.

But the above method didn't work for me. I noticed that in event viewer the "The Module DLL C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin\kerbauth.dll failed to load.  The data is the error." error is getting logged everytime, i do an iisreset or try to browse to website hosted in the local IIS.

I figured out it should be an issue with the IIS Manager configuration. Eventually it was. The fix is to remove the kerbauth.dll module from native modules for the server. Screenshots depicting the steps below. In the final screenshot, kerbauth.dll is not visible (as i have already removed the module :( ), just hightlighted the area. 

Hope it helps.








3 comments:

  1. I tried this, but I do NOT get the options to "Register", "Edit", or "Remove", as you did. Do you possibly know why? Please let me know. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, You will have to choose the server. Not the website.

      Delete
  2. For many people this is important, so check out my profile: nonprofit consultants

    ReplyDelete